Parkhill Joinery Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. It does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- Third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information to:
- Verify your identity
- Provide services and products to you
- Market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- Improve the services and products that we provide to you
- Bill you for our services, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- Respond to communications from you, including complaints
- Conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- Protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- Fulfil any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Any business that supports our services*, including any person that hosts or
maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- Other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- Any other person authorised by you.
* A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, please email us at [email protected]. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you to cover our reasonable costs of providing you with copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
We may also use marketing technology such as “pixel” tracking codes, which help us to understand and identify the aggregated characteristics of the audiences that visit our website, so that we can advertise our services to other people with similar interests.
You can delete your cookies at any time, via your browser’s settings.